You can generally reset the name of the Wireless router by going to the official webpage of the router in your default browsing application. In case it is not working properly, then you have to reset the Wireless router and after that, connecting to it again will permit you to reset the name of the Wireless router. In case you wish to change the Wireless Router name on Windows PC, then you can do so by following the instructions mentioned below.
How to Find Your Wireless Router’s Web Address?
• Go to the “Start” menu. Tap on the Windows symbol located in the end left-hand side of the display.
• Go to the “Settings” option. Tap on the gear-shaped symbol located in the left-hand end column of the “Start” menu.
• Tap on the Network and Internet. It resembles a round shape symbol given in the Settings option.
• Press on the “Status” button. It is located in the top left-hand column of the screen
• Tap on the “View Your Network Properties” option. You will get this option at the end of the webpage. After clicking on this option, it will start showing the Wi-Fi networks which are available for the system.
• Go down to the option named as “Wi-Fi. It is located at the end of the drop-down list.
• Go through the “Default gateway” IP address.
How to find a Router IP Address in Mac OS X?
• Go to the “Apple” symbol. Press on the Apple symbol located in the upper left-hand side of the display. You will see a pull-down menu on display.
• Press on the “System Preferences” option. You will get this option in the pull-down menu.
• Tap on the “Network” button. It resembles a round shape symbol located in the System Preferences option.
• Press on the “Advanced” option.
• Tap on the “TCP/IP” option.
• Find the Router IP address.
How to Change the Name of the Wireless Network?
• Go to the browsing application.
• Type the router’s IP address.
• Type the password you wish to place for the Wireless Router.
• Choose the name of a Wireless router’s.
• Find the Service Set Identifier number.
• Type the name which you want to place for the Wi-Fi network.
• Now, you have to save the created name for the Wi-Fi network.
How to Factory Reset Your Wireless Router?
• First, you have to understand when you wish to go through this procedure.
• Ensure that the Wireless router should have the sticker which contains the password.
• Now, you have to search for the “Reset” option in the Wireless router.
• After that, keep pressing on the “Reset” option for a few seconds.
• Free the button after a few seconds.
• Permit the Wireless router to complete the reset procedure.
• After that, pair to the Wireless router from the system you are currently using.
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.