MacOS provides many features to its users. One of the important features found in macOS is the notification centre. This feature allows you to modify various apps & widgets notifications located inside the notifications page on your macOS. It presents all the notifications in one place in order to provide you more convenience than before.
Here you may manage all your notifications according to your wish like. Here is how you can adjust or modify all your notification related settings from a single place:
Searching Notification Centre
The notification center is located on your Mac screen. You may find this by sliding your screen from the right-hand side. It enables you to see notifications & widgets both. Here are the steps to initialize your Notification Center.
- Go to the “Notification Center” icon located on the right side of your menu bar.
- In case you are using trackpad along with the Mac, swipe the screen to the left to activate the Notification center.
Customizing Notification Center
- First of all, open the “System Preferences” tab by hitting the box icon located at the uppermost left edge of the window. Alternatively, you may launch it from the device’s Dock.
- Then hit the “Notifications” tab.
- Now touch your desired applications & services that you wish to manage.
- Next, touch the item’s alert style page.
- Then you have to hit the checkboxes for your desired notifications type, which you desire to activate or deactivate.
- Select your desired notification sorting options from various choices as “Recents,” “Recents by App,” or “Manually by App.”
- First of all, hit the “Notifications Center” tab situated on the upper-right portion of your page.
- Then tap the “Notifications” tab available at the upper-right edge of the “Today” section in case it does not exist under the Notification view.
- Then navigate the mouse over the “Notification’s card.”
- Now touch on the “X” symbol located at the upper-right edge of your notifications page.
Removing a day’s notifications
- Just hit the “Notification Center” tab situated at the upper-right side of your page.
- In case you do not exist already, then you have to tap “Notifications” situated at the upper portion of your Today view.
- Next, you have to hit the “X” button located at the top-right edge of your notifications center.
Adding Today view widgets
- Tap the “Notification Center” tab located at the uppermost right panel of your window.
- Then hit the “Today” tab.
- Next, tap the “Edit” button situated at the lowermost portion of your Notifications center.
- Then hit the green “+” signed tab to add on other items that you want. Your selected items will be available under the “Items” panel.
- Now, drag your widget’s top panel by pressing it towards the “Today” view section to adjust or manage your selected widget’s location.
- Then touch on the “App Store” tab to store all your apps collections along with all your Today widgets in Mac Application Store for further use.
Deleting Today view widgets
- Firstly, you have to open the “Notification Center” tab located at the upper right portion of your window.
- Then hit the “Today” situated at the upper portion of your Notification view.
- Next, tap the “Edit” option at the lowermost portion of your Notification center.
- Now, you have to search for the widget that you wish to delete. Then hit the “-” red symbol just after the name of various widgets.
Jeanne E. Winfield is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.