McAfee SiteAdvisor is an extension that lets its users know about the threats like malware and viruses in web pages. If you don’t want McAfee SiteAdvisor in your Mac device, then it is simple to uninstall it. Go through the given below instructions carefully for doing the same.
Steps for removing McAfee SiteAdvisor
- Firstly, right-click on the SiteAdvisor symbol on the Dock.
- Next, select Quit.
- Then, press the setup. It shall be at the left-hand side corner at the top near the Apple symbol and select Quit Site Advisor. Alternatively, use the combination of Command+Q.
- After that, press the Negative Activity Monitor from the Dock.
- Next, tap on Application.
- Then, press on Finder.
- After that, tap on the Network option.
- Next, look for the keyword of SiteAdvisor.
- After that, choose all running process.
- Then, press on X. It shall be towards the left-hand side for quitting to confirm the exit.
- If the first 3 points do not work- ‘force quit’ window by using a combination of Command+Option+Esc. Choose the symbol of Site Advisor in the window and tap ‘Force Quit.’
Steps for removing McAfee SiteAdvisor using the inbuilt uninstaller
- Firstly, go to Dock and tap on the Applications folder.
- Then, double-click on the McAfee SiteAdvisor Uninstaller.
- Next, tap on Continue.
- After that, enter the administrator password and press OK.
- Then, press on Finish.
- Lastly, remove the empty folder of SiteAdvisor by doing right-click and select Move to Trash.
Steps for removing McAfee SiteAdvisor using Mac’s Trash
- Firstly, go to the Apps folder. It shall be towards the left-hand side of the Dock.
- Then, look for SiteAdvisor folder and tap on it.
- After that, move it to Trash.
- Next, do a right-click on it and select Move to Trash option.
Steps for removing McAfee SiteAdvisor with a useful tool
- Firstly, download and install ‘Osx Uninstaller’ on macOS, then start it.
- After that, choose SiteAdvisor from the given list.
- Next, press on the green switch ‘Run Analysis.’
- After that, wait for some time and press the switch Complete Uninstall as soon as every related data gets displayed on the screen.
- Note that McAfee SiteAdvisor has been deleted from that list.
- Next, return to step 1 for checking whether it is present or not by pressing the Refresh option.
This is how you can remove and uninstall McAfee from your Mac.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.