Google Play Store is an essential app for Android devices. It helps you discover apps that you wish to have in your phone and download, and install the same. But, it features apps and settings according to your region, and if you move to another Country or city, you need to update the location. You can access another region if you wish to try, as well. So, change the country setting ideally in the Google Play store by using the guide given below.
Steps for changing country in the Google Play Store
1. First and foremost, launch the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
2. Then, slide to the left side of the screen to go to the menu. Choose Account from there.
3. If country-switching option is allowed to you, a Country and profiles option will be there in the list.
4. Tap on the Country option and choose your new country from there. Go through the on-screen prompts and provide the ideal payment method of the dedicated country, if asked.
5. Once you agree with the warning prompt and allow the change, you can browse the Google Play Store according to the selected region. However, it might take around 24 hours for updating the changes in the app.
According to the change in your IP address, you will see the option of changing country in your Android device. The option mostly appears to those who moved to another country from their previous one. You can’t simply switch to the country of your choice in the Google Play Store.
What to know before changing Google Play Store country?
There are a few essential things that you must know while you change the Play Store region. Firstly, it is not possible to access the old payment method. You will have to go with the one that is available in your new country. Once you swap, you can’t even use the Google Play balance of the old country, including gift cards or collected Google Opinion Rewards. Other than this, it is allowed to change the country in Google Play Store only once in a year. If you wish to change the country that you used earlier, you need to visit the same menu that you used more previously for changing country.
Hence, change the country in the Google Play Store only if you are moving there for a year. A tricky way of changing the country region is through VPN also. But, there are chances that you might get locked outside your specific zone for a while in the Play Store, and it will be more painful for you. The best solution will be to try the ideal alternatives available for Google Play in the market. A few best options include Amazon Appstore, F-Droid, SlideME, and Humble Bundle. These alternative app stores are destined to make things easier for you!
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.