Want to have a portable TV? No, you don’t have to purchase a new device from the market. You can turn your iPad into a portable TV with some simple set up. If you like to watch TV channels, then your iPad will do an excellent job for it. There are many great streaming services available, which offer live TV channels to watch on any device. You don’t have to use any additional streaming services to watch TV channels on your iPad, when the same thing iTunes gives to you. That simply means; you have an array of ways to watch TV channels on your iPad. In this article, you’ll learn about the complete process for watching TV channels on an iPad with the iTunes Store, Netflix, or Hulu.
How to watch TV channels on an iPad using the iTunes Store
If you have not subscribed to any streaming services and just want to watch a few of your favorite channels, then this could be simple. Because you’ll not need to sign up for any additional service or download extra app to your device. Here is how to do so.
- Unlock your iPad and look for the ‘iTunes Store’ icon in your apps.
- Launch ‘iTunes Store’ by tapping on its icon.
- Now, from the main screen open the ‘Top Charts’ tab from the bottom tabs menu.
- Tap on ‘charts’ option at the top of the next screen to view popular TV episodes or channels. If you didn’t get this option, just select ‘All Categories.’
- To sort the result, select ‘Genres’ from the top of the screen.
- If you know the TV channel’s or episode’s name you want to watch, then from the search tab you can find it quickly. Open the ‘Search’ tab from the bottom tabs menu. And, enter the channel, show, or episode name in the top search bar on the next screen.
- Now, select the TV channel or show you want to watch on your iPad from the results. When you tap on an option, its information page will open with all the necessary information about it, such as short description it, rating, genre, and cost.
- To get access your selected TV show, tap on the ‘Price’ box. It will turn into the ‘Buy Episode’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Buy Episode’ to precede the process.
- Give the password of your ‘Apple ID’ when required. As you’ll enter it and proceed, your selected TV show or episode will start downloading.
As soon as it finishes downloading, you can start watching the show on your iPad.
How to watch TV channels on an iPad using Netflix
If you have got the Netflix subscription, then you can set it up on your iPad to watch TV channels. Not just TV channels, you can watch many trending and latest shows, movies and other videos on it. Here is how you’ve got to go.
- Unlock your iPad and look for the ‘App Store’ icon in your apps.
- And, launch the ‘App Store’ by tapping on its icon.
- Now, active the App Store search by tapping on the top search bar.
- When your iPad’s keyboard open on the screen, type ‘Netflix’ into the search.
- Select the ‘Netflix’ from the result by tapping on it or ‘Free’ button.
- Now, tap the ‘Install’ button on the next (app info) screen.
- Tap the button again to precede the process.
- Give the password of your ‘Apple ID’ when required. As you’ll enter it and proceed, Netflix app will start downloading.
- Netflix icon will be added to your apps, as soon as it finishes downloading.
- Locate the newly added ‘Netflix’ icon and tap it to open the app.
- Now, enter the details of the account you’ve subscribed to Netflix.
- And, hit ‘Sign In.’
You’re now ready to watch TV shows, movies, or anything on your iPad with Netflix.
How to watch TV channels on an iPad using Hulu
In order to watch TV channels on your iPad with Hulu, you should have its app installed and Hulu Plus subscription. Here is how to get it.
- Launch ‘App Store.’
- Search for ‘Hulu Plus.’
- And install it to your iPad. For detailed instructions, use the steps from Netflix (above) section.
- Launch the ‘Hulu’ app and enter the details of the account you’ve subscribed to it.
That’s all! Play the TV show, movie or anything you want to watch and enjoy.
Jeanne E. Winfield is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.